Make Sure Your Dental Practice is AAAHC Accredited
Carus Dental is proud to be one of a select few dental groups nationwide that is recognized by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). The AAAHC is a peer based, not-for-profit organization that is nationally recognized for conducting extensive evaluations of ambulatory healthcare organizations to ensure the highest quality standards.
Our accreditation tells you an independent team of health care professionals has found we meet their rigorous standards for safety and excellence in health care services, including infection prevention and control. Many dentists say things about keeping you protected. We DO things. Every three years, we open our offices and make Providers and staff available to independent healthcare surveyors who assess our performance against hundreds of measures. In short, they make sure we “walk the talk.”
To become AAAHC accredited, Independent healthcare surveyors:
- Evaluate our performance against 85 criteria for Infection Prevention/Control and Safety. This is more important than ever with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Inspect our sterilization process. Spore testing is done weekly and sent to independent labs for verification. Sterilized instrument packets are dated and time stamped. Surveyors review all records/logs to ensure standards are met.
- Validate our processes and frequency for flushing all water lines to ensure self-containment and eliminate any potential backflow. Independent surveyors check process and all records/logs.
- Verify that we follow nationally recognized standards in infection prevention and control practices which are established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Ensure we have a safe environment for treating surgical patients, including adequate safeguards to protect from cross infection
- Confirm we have a process for identifying, analyzing, reporting and preparing an action plan for adverse incidents.
- Measure us against the following core standards:
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Quality of Care Provided
- Quality Management and Improvement
- Clinical Records and Health Information
- Infection Prevention and Control and Safety
- Facilities and Environment
Why did we CHOOSE to become AAAHC accredited?
- To offer the highest level or Quality and Safety to our patients
- To measure the quality of our services against nationally recognized standards
- Because we realize the best people, best systems, and best care is foundational to maintaining our place among elite organization.
Learn more about AAAHC.