Patient Rights Policy
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- You have the right to be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect for your individuality by employees of or by persons providing service in this facility.
- You have the right to respectfulness and privacy as it relates to your dental care program.
- You have the right to receive information regarding your dental diagnosis, treatment, alternatives, associated risks, and the expected cost sufficient to assure informed choice.
- You have the right to request a change in dentist if other qualified dentists are available at the facility.
- Patients shall be assured confidential treatment of their dental and financial records and may approve or refuse their release, except when required by law.
- Patients are given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving their health care, except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- You have the right to express grievances or make suggestions by submitting them, in writing to:
7517 Cameron Road, Suite 107
Austin, TX 78752
Attn: Dr. Eugene Silvertooth, DDS
512-371-1222 ext 208
- You have the responsibility to provide complete and accurate information to the best of your ability about your health, any medications, including over the counter products and dietary supplements, and any allergies or sensitivities.
- You have the responsibility to follow the treatment plan prescribed by your provider.
- You have the responsibility to provide a responsible adult to transport you home from the facility and remain with you for 24 hours, if required by your provider.
- You have the responsibility to accept personal financial responsibility for any changes not covered by your insurance.
- You have the responsibility to be respectful of all the healthcare providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- Inform his/her provider about any living will, medical power of attorney, and or other directive that could affect his/her care.